Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound Wall details in 3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ShellsoftAutodesk
2690 Views, 3 Replies

Compound Wall details in 3D

Hi,

how can I show a detailed 3d callout of compound wall showing all layers and all, like the whats shown in the attached? thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
shawn
in reply to: ShellsoftAutodesk

Hopefully you will get a response from someone more expert than I, but in case you don't.... I think the only way your going to get a wall detail like the one you've attached is to model the wall one material at a time using non-wall family materials. I don't know of any way to get a Revit wall element to peel back latterally, much less with curved cut lines. You can unlock the wall layers in the type editor and adjust the vertical height of individual wall layers, which theoretically would allow you to see the layers exposed, but I've never tried to make a detail like that.

Good luck,

SG - designer.

Message 3 of 4
rnbhat
in reply to: ShellsoftAutodesk

you will have to use Revit 2012 version inorder to do that

2012 introduces the ability to Create Parts and Divide the model. These features are purely focused at construction engineer who needs to split the model into smaller component parts.

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com
Message 4 of 4

I already did that but still the materials and hatch patterns do not show in 3D, but only when you cut a section i get a wall detail.  I sure am excited to see it in 2012.  Thank you for the replies. Woman Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report