Revit Architecture

michael
Message 1 of 4 (273 Views)

Complex Roof issues

273 Views, 3 Replies
08-21-2013 02:59 PM

I'm not sure how to explain this but I'll try.  So I've got this existing house with a two stall garage on the lower level.  They are adding on two more stalls along with a portion accross the back of the garages.  The wall on the back of the garage is at an angle to the rest of the walls.  I'm trying to show the home owner that when you build a wall at an angle one of the two roof lines (either at the high wall or at the eave) can not be strait.  Only problem is I can not get this to show in Revit?  I'm having difficulty Joing roofs and showing the relation.  I'm going to attach the drawing file and a few pdf's...

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

Re: Complex Roof issues

08-21-2013 11:57 PM in reply to: michael

Image 2.png

Image 8.png

Image 125.png

1. Horizontal eave
  2. horizontal intrsection with the 2 storey level
  3. Horizontal eave and horizontal intersection
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
michael
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

08-22-2013 05:20 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

2 is looking close but the 4/12 pitch roof and the 2/12 pitch roof would need to intersect and create a valley.  I've included some screen shots to help with what I'm trying to do.  I don't use revit on a regular basis so maybe this is really easy I just don't know how yet!  Thanks for the help.

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

08-23-2013 12:00 PM in reply to: michael

Image 136.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube