Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Roof issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
michael
532 Views, 3 Replies

Complex Roof issues

I'm not sure how to explain this but I'll try.  So I've got this existing house with a two stall garage on the lower level.  They are adding on two more stalls along with a portion accross the back of the garages.  The wall on the back of the garage is at an angle to the rest of the walls.  I'm trying to show the home owner that when you build a wall at an angle one of the two roof lines (either at the high wall or at the eave) can not be strait.  Only problem is I can not get this to show in Revit?  I'm having difficulty Joing roofs and showing the relation.  I'm going to attach the drawing file and a few pdf's...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Image 2.png

Image 8.png

Image 125.png

1. Horizontal eave
  2. horizontal intrsection with the 2 storey level
  3. Horizontal eave and horizontal intersection
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

2 is looking close but the 4/12 pitch roof and the 2/12 pitch roof would need to intersect and create a valley.  I've included some screen shots to help with what I'm trying to do.  I don't use revit on a regular basis so maybe this is really easy I just don't know how yet!  Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4

Image 136.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report