Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatiable roof programs?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
146 Views, 5 Replies

Compatiable roof programs?

Is Revit 8.0 compatible with visionrez (esp. the roof object). Been testing Revit and their stuff. Considering a move to Revit or up to visionrez but I really like their roof tools and drafting process. Has anybody else used visionrez with revit?

Thanks,
Terry
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Two very different programs. Can they communicate with each other? Yes. Can they exchange intelligent objects? No. "kochcad" wrote in message news:22413323.1112377790834.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is Revit 8.0 compatible with visionrez (esp. the roof object). Been testing Revit and their stuff. Considering a move to Revit or up to visionrez but I really like their roof tools and drafting process. Has anybody else used visionrez with revit? > > Thanks, > Terry
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Well that is too bad. I was hoping to have the best of both worlds 🙂 Anyway if you have time could you explain a little more how they can communicate with each other but not exchange objects? I am not precisely clear on how that can occur.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Since VisionRez uses the dwg format, you can import data in either DXF/DWG/DGN formats. But you won't have any intelligence that was built into those objects in that application once they are.

Who knows, maybe in the future there will be a VR hook into Revit too since there is an API being developed for Revit now.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Cool. Thanks for the info. and explanation. Hopefully that link / hook will come about in due time.

Thanks,
Terry
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I suspect you'll know before any of us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report