Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining (2) RVT project models into (1) IFC file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mlpetersen
2055 Views, 1 Reply

Combining (2) RVT project models into (1) IFC file

I need to be able to combine two revit project models into one .IFC export per floor. Initially I was able to accomplish this by binding the linked subcontractor’s model into my project model and then exporting each floor as an individual .IFC file.  Within the past couple of weeks my sub-contractor has nested face based families into some of the more compex casework families.  These new families are throwing up errors during the binding process that result in the content being deleted.  Ultimately I am looking for help in understanding these warnings and how to resolve them so that I can continue with the work flow that was initially in place. Of course I am always open to suggestions if anyone has ideas on how to streamline this process in the long run.  I started looking into plug-ins or supplemental software that might enable me to merge .IFC’s generated from two different sources.  I haven’t had much success.

Many Thanks!

Monica

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: mlpetersen

It looks like BIMserver may work.

There is also a discussion of this issue on the thread below:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Aggregation-two-IFC-files-into-3690870.S.128646720

As for the error messages? What is the specific wording?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report