Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color scheme not displaying correctly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Stan6287
5441 Views, 4 Replies

Color scheme not displaying correctly

Revit 2013. I  Set up a color scheme for rooms.  colors are fine but the colors go to middle of walls (interior and exterior) even tho walls are set to room bounding.  Room and area calcs set to wall finish but in plan view and in sheet view the colors go to wall centers.  Plotting the colors override/cover wall graphics. Created a quick "dummy" project using masonry walls and it worked fine.  Any suggestions? Also, if you link a revit file with additional rooms how do you add those to color schedule? Cant jus add room in host file - says its not properly enclosed.  putting room in the linked file doesn't seem to allow room to be read/scheduled/displayed by name/number-just shows the room X with a + sign in middle.  Adding color to linked file gets nothing but I want it controled in host anyway.

View>Visibility Graphics>Revit links>Display setting is set to By Host.

Suggestions?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

did you check not to be in Wireframe video style?

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 5

Sorry, I mean Visual Styile 

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 5
IMCornish
in reply to: Stan6287

In regard to your first point, you may have the view set to 'wireframe' rather than 'hiden view'?  Room color schemes then appear to go to the wall centres. This what I believe your first respondent means.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 5 of 5
BobJayson2618
in reply to: Stan6287

Revit 2014 - Color Schemes:  Centerline postion problem.   Changing the Color Scheme Location (PP) to Background will resolve the problem.   I had it on foreground and it drove me nuts.  It gave the perception that the area calculations were off but if you look real close the boundaries are still to the inside (Finish Side) of the wall. 

Newer versions may have resolved this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report