Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color scheme hidden by imported DWG file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
838 Views, 2 Replies

Color scheme hidden by imported DWG file

I have an imported dwg file, being a map, on which I am trying to indicate a building plot using an External Area.  The view (an Area Plan)  has a  Color Scheme applied, being different colored hatch patterns for each area type.  I am wanting to preserve the colored hatch layers of the dwg but the 'Color Scheme' hatch applied to the view, even though I have located the Color Scheme in the Foreground, is not apparent.  I have even dropped the dwg to a level below that of the Areas but this has no effect.

See the partial screen capture attached.  The Red Boundary should have red diagonal hatch and the Blue Boundary should have blue diagonal hatch.

Any ides please.  

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

Have you tried making the DWG Link transparent? This must be done by element - select the Link, right-click, select 'Override Graphics in View' ► 'By Element', and then set the Surface Transparency to 100%.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The problem with your suggestion is that all the color is taken out of the map. However, I set the transparency to 50% and it showed the hatch.  This led me to experiment by lowering the transparency setting and eventually I got it down to 1% and the hatch shows fine!  Thanks for the your interest in helping and putting me on the right track.

See attached.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report