Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Render Plug in

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
beacharchitect
4098 Views, 6 Replies

Cloud Render Plug in

I tried to install the cloud render plug in for Revit 2012. I got an error message that stated that Revit 2012 Version 2 must be installed first. I went to the subscription site but saw no service pack 2. I then downloaded the Revit software thinking it may be a newer version. I tried to install it but the installer will not let me as Revit is already installed. Catch 22...how can I get the cloud render plug in installed?

Thad Broom, AIA

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: beacharchitect

update 2 is here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=16841348

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Message 4 of 7
beacharchitect
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks. Guess I was the 10% that didn't get the word about a new service pack

Thad Broom, AIA

Message 5 of 7
ogun82
in reply to: beacharchitect

Hi, I tried CloudRender today; so far I'm satisfied by it's speed and results but...

there is a huge problem of uploading time; it really took forever. I wonder if anyone knows if revit uploads the file as .rvt or .fbx?  My revit file took 50mb and .fbx like 150mb of space; so if there is a way to optimize or tweak this process, Autodesk should do something about it.

Additionally, does it help to work files from cloud storage server, to reduce upload times to zero; I mean, is it feesable?

Thanks

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 7
ccollins
in reply to: ogun82

The long upload time is probably your slow internet connection.

No--you can't really work in Revit from the Cloud Service. Although it is a really good concept!

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 7
varneswarihema
in reply to: ccollins

Will you send me the render in cloud link... i need to download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report