Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up sections at walls and ceiling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sshover
1518 Views, 2 Replies

Clean up sections at walls and ceiling

I am laying out a simple structure. Bearing wall to bearing wall is 35’, with a few non bearing walls between the bearing walls. I will be using a truss to span from bearing wall to bearing wall. What would be the best work flow for the drywall ceiling material. The ceiling seems to require a core element. I cannot seem to manage drywall alone. If I create a ceiling with 2x4 core and drywall finish and create a ceiling over the whole area the ceiling seems to auto dim to the ceiling finish and not the core 2x4. Then there is the issue of the clean up at the top plate were the wall and ceiling finishes meet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: sshover

When you start the ceiling by the "automatic ceiling" feature, the boundaries of the sketch line goes to the core layer of the walls, but once you finish the ceiling, it is created flush with the finish layer of the wall.

To join the gypsum layers of the interior wall with the ceiling, you can use Modify > Join Geometry.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
ljhudson
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am trying to join an exterior wall and soffit together. I am able to join the studs but the plywood and exterior finish are not join together for some reason. I am using the join command. Has anyone had this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report