Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing particular snap while working,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JamaL9722060
403 Views, 2 Replies

In the AutoCAD, while working, we can choose “Shift+Right Click” to get the list of snap options to choose a particular snap. How this might be performed in the Revit?

Also, I’m not sure how to get the snap size to be abit bigger. For example, the cross in the screenshot below is quite small and has no accompanying tips to indicate its function.

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_79.jpg

Clip_81.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JamaL9722060

I constantly use the keyboard shortcuts listed under the Snaps dialog (under Manage tab, see image), which make that particular snap dominant, which means that, for instance, if you input "SE" (no enter or spacebar) it will look exclusively for an Endpoint to snap to. The difference from AutoCAD is that AutoCAD will not accept the input if you don't click a valid snap point, but Revit will accept it even if you 'miss' the snap point.

ObjectSnaps.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the elaboration. This is quite useful.

In my particular case, I want to move the column to the wall from the indicated base points. I could get the base point on the column but never know how to get the base point indicated on the wall shown in the screenshot.

How might this be done?

Clip_86.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report