Revit Architecture

Salomann
Message 1 of 1 (389 Views)

Changing the color/ material of an object?

389 Views, 0 Replies
11-28-2011 06:50 AM

Hello all,

I am a high school senior that is currently using Autodesk's Revit Architecture to design a apartment complex for a computer aided drafting class. After somewhat getting the hang of this new software, I have come to a halt when I dove into the aesthetics of the building after completing the structure. All I am trying to do is change the color of the columns along the edge of the building to a different color, preferably tan. But I am having an awful hard time doing so, I have pressed f1 for help numerous times. Even so I just cannot figure out the splitting faces technique or the apply paint method and even the edit family command. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or skipping a step. Help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

*Attatched is a picture of said columns in need of a new look.

Sincerely,

Nicholas

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube