Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing door swing direction in a downloaded toilet stall family.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
doni49
3127 Views, 9 Replies

Changing door swing direction in a downloaded toilet stall family.

Hi All!

I downloaded a toilet stall that looks pretty good.  But the door swing is on the wrong side for my plans.

Short of starting from scratch, is there a way to change the hinge side?  Some restrooms have the hinge on the right side and others on the left.  I'd like to be able to change this via a parameter.  If I could figure out how, I'd add the param to the family.

The stall family in question:  http://seek.autodesk.com/product/locale/adsk/revit/families/arch/empty/Revit_ARC1774

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jason_S
in reply to: doni49

I modified that partition awhile ago.  See attached...

Hope it helps you out.

Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks.  I'll try it out tomorrow morning.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
doni49

Thanks.  It does look a lot nicer.  BUt it still won't allow me to change the door swing from left to right (or vice versa as I don't remember off hand which way it currently swings).

Don Ireland

Message 5 of 10
Jason_S

Use the Flipper arrows to flip the door from left or right after you select how you want the partition.  See attached

Message 6 of 10
doni49

Yes.  I tried that that this afternoon.  But when I flip it, the entire unit flips -- not just the door.  THis means that I now need to change the visibility params to change which walls are off.  But that causes other ones that I've already placed to change.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 10
Jason_S

Well the other way to do it is create the door and swing as a separate family insert it and then control the door family with the display parameters.

Hope you can tweak it to what you need.

Message 8 of 10
doni49

@Jason_S wrote:

Hope you can tweak it to what you need.

Thanks.  I was able to tweak it -- it was a great starting point though and I appreciate that.

I've attached my version in case you or anyone else want(s) it.

I eliminated one of the swing visibility tests (since I only one inside OR outside and never both, if inside is off then I want outside).  And I added a Door Left Hand visibility test.  I also made both instance params because these options vary from one RR to the next.

Lastly, I created four yes/no params that all work based on formulas and THEY control which door shows up.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 10
doni49

I tweaked a little further and copied it for use as an "Accessible Stall" as well.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 10
doni49

Duh!  I uploaded the wrong "Accessible" family.  What I put up there is what I WAS trying to make work previously.

Here's the correct version.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report