Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing default input from feet to inches

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
12457 Views, 6 Replies

Changing default input from feet to inches

How do I change that? I am tweaking the edge of a slab and I want the default input to be inches.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

inchworm5.exe on the AUGI board
Message 3 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

Set the default units to fractional inches.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Where do you do that? The online help fails me. I end up at Project Units and that seems to be something completely different.
Message 5 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

Manage tab > Project units > Length > Fractional inches.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. I was being thrown off by the number entered in the cells of the Project units dialog. Now I see they were just examples of number formatting.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Here is an interesting result from changing the Project Units. After changing the default to fractional inches when I created an annotated dimension the result was displayed in inches and not feet and inches. So I figured out that the default dimension annotation is tied back to that Project Units but I could change the dimensioning to show feet and inches: Annotate > Dimension drop down > Linear Dimension types > click on units format (under text in the type properties dialog box. Un-check "use project settings" and then change the units format to feet and inches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report