Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change family type from Generic to ceiling?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
klb617
15982 Views, 3 Replies

Change family type from Generic to ceiling?

I recently built a model-in-place generic model ceiling canopy using Revit 2013. I want to place lights (recessed cans) in the model, but cannot figure out how to do so. Can I change the model type to ceiling or is there a way to place light fixtures in it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BIMAbhi
in reply to: klb617

You have created the model in the Revit project file (rvt) so you have to copy the model and paste it in a new family template "Generic Model ceining based.rft". Then save it into your required name.rfa file and load it in your project file.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 3 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: BIMAbhi

To change the category of a model in-place object, select the object, and do this: Edit in place > Family Category and Parameters > select a new category > Finish Model.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
mheMFFYK
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

mheMFFYK_0-1700795338384.png

Hi I'm very confused. I used generic model at the beginning, and there's no "ceiling" category in this menu. Could you please let me know where to find it and change it to be "ceiling" category? Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report