Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change category of Material

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jorgeseptien
1958 Views, 2 Replies

Change category of Material

It seems that someone that started working at our firm, that had some great ideas, but did not have the know-how and patience of implementing these systematically, imported objects from a template from his previous company.  This person is no longer here, however, the remnants of his previous employer remain.  Is there a simple way to rename material categories?  For the life of me I can't see how it is done.  At the same time, how does one assign categories to these materials?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jorge Septien
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

maybe this recording can help you:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/14933d64-4a4a-4369-ad08-dc436daec240

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Perfect.  That was exactly what I needed.  I did find that in Revit 2014, renaming categories is not as cryptic as in 2013, but this worked great.  The one thing that the video did not show was that, in order to remove the unwanted categories, after dragging the existing materials into the newly created category, you must click the "Add material to document" option on the right of the material.  This will give you an option to "replace" the existing material.  

See attached image.

Thanks again Constantin for setting me off in the right direction.

Jorge Septien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report