Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling plan - struggling with view range

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Joris.vd.Meulen
2254 Views, 9 Replies

Ceiling plan - struggling with view range

Hi,

I've got some troubles creating a proper ceiling plan. What goes wrong (imo) is that my wall sweep is shown on my ceiling plan while it shouldn't.

First image shows the ceiling plan. (on image 3 you will see the wall sweep I mentioned in red).

1.png

This image shows the view range used.

2.png

This images shows the section (right), 3d (top left) and ceiling plan (bottom left) highlighted the wall sweep.

3.png

Why / how do I prevent this wall sweep from showing up?

3Pinter

love python coding
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

The wall sweeps are within the range, so they show. If you raise the cut plane, then it will affect the ceiling. There's no way to filter them out, therefore, I would just hide them. Select all instances > In view > Hide elements.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
vector2
in reply to: Joris.vd.Meulen

Hit VV on your keyboard for the view you don't

want to see the wall sweep in.

Message 4 of 10

Hmm, been playing with the cutplanes, top, viewdepth too. However, my thought / expectations is:

* set a cutplane at 1200 to show the openings in the walls.

* set the top AND viewdepth at 10mm above ceiling

So it doesn't cut the wall sweep, it doesn't cut the full wall (just at the openings level). And it does all that, but the wall sweep still shows. While it shouldn't even showup in the first place (the wall sweep is beyond the view depth) ... that is what's puzzling me. (and yes I can turn of wall sweeps but I'm want to know why first before I go for the workaround.)

love python coding
Message 5 of 10
vector2

If the wall sweep is within the view range, then it shows.

If you don't want it to show, then you turn it off. That's the

way Revit works. 

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your reply, but,

it's not within the view range.... that's the whole issue.

love python coding
Message 7 of 10
vector2

Well if it's not turned off and it's not hidden, and it's showing

in the view, then guess what, it's in the view range.

Message 8 of 10
Joris.vd.Meulen
in reply to: vector2

vector,

I disagree with you on that. The viewdepth indicates till where Revit looks. Beyond that point nothing should be shown.

Why does Revit still do that?

Wall sweep bottom @ 2780.0

Ceiling bottom @ 2710.0

Adjust view range (so NOTHING should be shown above 2740):

4.png

Any thoughts now?

love python coding
Message 9 of 10
vector2

Measure it in an elevation view.

Message 10 of 10

I made a test, placing the top & view depth just in between the ceiling and the bottom of the sweep, and, as expected, the sweep is not shown in the ceiling plan.

view_range_sweep.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report