Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get crown or base moulding to miter

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1952 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot get crown or base moulding to miter

Hi! I am using Revit 2013 & am doing some basic "Sweeps" with the base & crown moulding. The problem I'm having is that they run the full length of the wall instead of stopping at interior walls. They will not miter at intersections at all. Someone on Youtube showed how to do this by "splitting" all of the walls in order to get the moulds to terminate and properly miter. Even that doesn't work sometimes unless the split liine is exact to the wall. Any other ideas on how to do such a simple sweep.!

Thanks

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

An easy way to get the crown moulding to miter the corners is to create a wall type that includes the profile of the crown as a sweep.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo! That does make sense. Only problem is not all walls will
have moulds. I guess I would have to make specific wall types to show the
interior Crown & base mould sweeps. It would be so much easier if you could
just apply the moulds & miter them. Maybe for the "Wish List"!

Paul

RYMAL DRAFTING INC.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA

(780)634-5303
Message 4 of 8
constantin.stroescu

No matter how is made the sweep profile on wall can be stretched.

As can be seen in the example from below made in Revit 2012...

• The wall from right is a type of wall with sweep made in Edit Assembly (as Alfredo suggested)
  • The left one is a simple basic wall on wich was applied: Wall>Wall Sweep ..
  • The mould Profil has to be at the same level the same profile  and of the same material.
  • Select the sweeped Mould and drag the Point (Drag Wall Sweep End ) as shown in the example..
  • The sweep stretches and conects automaticaly with the other one

Image 252.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

HI Constantin! Thanks for the reply. I am aware of being able to drag the sweep ends, but no matterhow close I drag them to each other they will not 'Miter"!

Paul

Message 6 of 8
constantin.stroescu

the walls must be joined...

be sure you are on "allow join"..RC on the Drag Wall End point to activate allow join if it isn't....

Image 254 -when allow join is active

Image 256 - whe disalow join is active....RC and check allow join

The image are from a 3d view -Top....

Check also if not your Snaps are not off...Manage>Settings >Snaps Off must be unchecked ...the snaps must be active...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

I agree with Constantin. This usually works with no problems. Double check the settings that have been suggested: same elevation, same profile, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks everyone for the help on this one. It was a bit tricky. I found that I was not carefully dragging my ends to line up properly as well as splitting the walls which did not help.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report