Revit Architecture

trippster2006
Message 1 of 4 (496 Views)

Cannot create a Wall Foundation under a Curtain Wall

496 Views, 3 Replies
02-26-2011 02:43 PM

I am having trouble placing a wall foundation under a curtain wall in my project. Revit says that a foundation has been added but it is not visible in any view. I've tried editing the visiblity properties but that didn't fix the probelm. Thanks for the help.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)

Re: Cannot create a Wall Foundation under a Curtain Wall

02-28-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: trippster2006

Is it not even visible in a 3d view?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
trippster2006
Message 3 of 4 (448 Views)

03-01-2011 09:25 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

No, it doesn't even show up in the 3D view. The members are listed in the structural schedule, but they are not visible in any view.

jbanks
Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)

08-05-2013 10:18 PM in reply to: trippster2006

this is a known BUG, I dought Autodesk is doing anything about it, to busy cashing the subscription checks.:manhappy:

here are some workarounds. they are not great but they get the job done.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?104539-Where-do-curtain-wall-foundations-go

I usually just end up using a structural floor because any changes to the wall/foundation break the workarounds.

good luck and please report this problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube