Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Wall By Face

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Mobius00
2414 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot create Wall By Face

Hi,

I create a Conceptual Mass like a turtle shell. But I cannot crate Roof or Wall by Face from Massing.

Have you got any solution?

thank,

Mobius00

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Mobius00

Can you post an illustration? A picture is worth a thousand words...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
Mobius00
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

this is an image.

thank you,

Mobius00

Message 4 of 8

If your mass has no depth, meaning it is just a mesh, then you cannot model by face.  It does appear that it has not depth from the image so this is likely the issue.

Lawrence

Message 5 of 8

I created a family that has thickness rather than being a mesh, that you can manipulate to be very similar to what you created.  This family does allow you to model by face.  Take a look at it and see what you think, at very least it should give you an idea about how to make your form work.  Look at all the parameters and you can see a little more clearly how to manipulate it.

If you have any questions about it just ask.

Lawrence 

Message 6 of 8

thank you, Lawrence

Now I can create "wall by face" to my conceptual model.

but when I try to create "roof by face" from same model. it still cannot.

have you got any idea?

Regards,

Mobius00

Message 7 of 8

Revit can be a bit of a pain when it comes to creating a roof by face.  In the case of the family I posted you can set the parameters such that the program will not make a roof  and then if you change a dimension or 2 it will make the roof.  There apparently are some limitations to the geometry that revit will let a roof be formed in.  Unfortunatley there does not seem to be any documentation that specifically descibes the limatations of roof creation.  Hopefully autodesk will read this and provide some documentation.

Lawrence

Message 8 of 8
cwinches
in reply to: Mobius00

Actually, I'm fairly certain you can create a wall by mesh (mass face with no depth). Roofs as well. Perhaps this had been addressed in the releases since the last comments.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report