Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Load Family Files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TOMASSANCHEZ5749
2330 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot Load Family Files

I am not sure if I have done something wrong or what, but I am trying to load a Sidelight from the imperial library that came with Revit 2011 and I get a message stating the following.

" Some or all of the family files you selected cannot be loaded. You mush choose family files or the category Doors. Do you wnat to retry loading a new set of files?"

"Revit cannot load the following files: Sidelights 1.rfa"

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try dragging the file in Explorer into revit, it worked for me.

Message 3 of 7
vector2
in reply to: TOMASSANCHEZ5749

side lights are actually windows.. hit the window tool first then load the side light..
Message 4 of 7
brandon0403
in reply to: vector2

I figured that out 20 minutes after i posted, but dragging removes the requirement that you have the correct tool selected.

Message 5 of 7

I figured that out as well in about the same amount of time.  Thank you for your reply

Message 6 of 7
TOMASSANCHEZ5749
in reply to: vector2

I found that out. Thank you for your reply

Message 7 of 7

each time a description of the change, there is always plenty to talk about around the world. they are not exempt. a statement usually are: "i have to change almost immediately versions, so do not expect me to date continue to attack .. watch winder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report