Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you edit floor sub-components in section?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marcus
479 Views, 2 Replies

Can you edit floor sub-components in section?

I have a floor joist/subfloor/finish floor system where the joists are hung from the sill inside the foundation wall, this means that the joists stop at the wall but the subfloor will continue over the sill plate and the finish floor will stop at the inside edge of the bottom wall plate.  As near as I can figure, in order to get this to show correctly in section I really need to create the complete floor assembly by stacking 3 separate floor sub-assemblies (framing, sub-floor, finish floor) is this correct? (this is the method I'm currently using) Is there a way to manipulate the sub-components in section that I haven't found? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: marcus

Hello Marcus - what you currently have is correct.

If you need to manipulate the materials separately you would need to place them separately and layer them on top of each other.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
marcus
in reply to: LisaDrago

Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback, that's kind of what I figured. 

I haven't had to try it, but I'm going to assume that roofs behave the same way. 

Maybe this could be a wish list item...if there was a Revit Architecture wish list.  I guess that getting an RA wish list would be a wish list item as well?? lol

Thanks,

Marcus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report