Revit Architecture

*Chris Broda
Message 1 of 5 (125 Views)

Can you create tables?

125 Views, 4 Replies
07-26-2004 02:55 PM
Hi everyone- Is it possible to create tables? I saw the Excel discussion earlier and agree that it is VERY desireable to import a table. But since we can't, can we create one? My need: I want to put a zoning table together for a project that lists all zoning information (yards, frontage, FAR, etc.). The text part's easy: type it in. But try getting the lines to array properly! What's the exact distance from one line of tect to another? Arrgh! Importing a table from Excel or Word would be great. That way you can get the lines to work perfectly. Maybe we need to import as an image. Any ideas? (BTW, just getting used to Revit, so if the question's simple and easily answered, my apologies. Chris
*Chris Broda
Message 2 of 5 (125 Views)

Re: Can you create tables?

07-26-2004 04:19 PM in reply to: *Chris Broda
BTW, tried the image import. Looks crappy.
Distinguished Contributor
Steve_Stafford
Message 3 of 5 (125 Views)

07-26-2004 11:13 PM in reply to: *Chris Broda
Here's one you can dissect...It is an annotation family and you place it right on a sheet, drafted at 1:1 (printed size). I used labels and parameters so I could enter data on the sheet or in the properties of the symbol.
*Daniel Legarraga
Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)

07-27-2004 08:27 AM in reply to: *Chris Broda
Chris, Revit can not import Tables and can not work with windows OLE objects but can work with images...so one way to insert a Table is to convert an Excel file to an image an import it to Revit... Daniel "Chris Broda" escribió en el mensaje news:41057de1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi everyone- > > Is it possible to create tables? I saw the Excel discussion earlier and > agree that it is VERY desireable to import a table. But since we can't, can > we create one? > > My need: I want to put a zoning table together for a project that lists all > zoning information (yards, frontage, FAR, etc.). The text part's easy: type > it in. But try getting the lines to array properly! What's the exact > distance from one line of tect to another? Arrgh! > > Importing a table from Excel or Word would be great. That way you can get > the lines to work perfectly. Maybe we need to import as an image. > > Any ideas? > > (BTW, just getting used to Revit, so if the question's simple and easily > answered, my apologies. > > Chris > >
*Chris Broda
Message 5 of 5 (125 Views)

07-30-2004 03:44 PM in reply to: *Chris Broda
Thanks so much! This will really help. Chris

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube