I have a number of windows already in the project - of differing types.
The numbering (marks) have been assigned as I created each one.
I would now like to add a prefix to the mark in the form of:
W0/01, W0/02, W0/03 etc. for ground floor windows then:
W1/01, W1/02 ... etc for first floor.
If it is not possible to break down by floor, then simply having a prefix W/01, W/02, W/03 etc. would work.
I can alter individual window types and amend the Mark to include the prefix, but it only seems to affect the one window - and not all instances of the same type.
Ideally - is it possible to set a standard prefix for use in window Marks throughout a project, regardless of type and whether it has already been inserted or in the future ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I use the following method:
- After placing the windows (with type parameters)
- from Annotate >Tag by Category and click on windows to place the tags
- Click on tag symbol > Edit Family > in family editor click on symbol > Label >Edit Label > at Label Parameters put TYPE MARK (not Mark as it is by default) .....now all the identical windows will have the same mark...I prefer not to put any prefix in Edit Label..
- I load the tag family into the project
- In the project I make a window schedule ....the first item in Fields is TYPE MARK......
- in Sorting/Grouping I use sort by Type Mark first and then by Level
- In the schedule in TYPE MARK column I change the names as I want ...I can control the wholesome of the windows in the project......
The same can be done by clicking every type of window in plan view >Edit Type>Type Properties >Identity Data > Type Mark and change from here.....
Many thanks Constantin,
I've got the first part of that working - and now have the prefix W/ appearing infront of all window refs on the tags (both already inserted and new).
Trouble is, on the schedule, the mark still has just the number, and not the W/ in front.
I can manually add it to the Mark - but I was trying to avoid that.
At worst, I guess I can live with the schedule showing just the number as it should already be apparent to anyone then that the number refers only to windows. I wanted to get the tag to include the W/ to make it clear that the tag is for windows (same will then be true for doors D/, screens S/ etc.
if you put a prefix in Edit Label from Family Editor , in the schedule it will appear only the number without the prefix, but if you change it in project, either in Type Editor >Identity Data>Type Mark or directly in schedule ( type the name there and the name will change in the whole project) the name appears as you want.
Thanks Constantin, managed to sort out what I was trying to do there, many thanks for the tips.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.