198 Views, 1 Replies
03-16-2011 11:57 AM

Installed revit 30 day trial

Windows 7 64 bit, 8 meg ram

GeForce 6200 dual monitor video card

On starting Revit I get the unknown video card error message

The ribbon is not visible

There is an empty, sometimes transparent space where it should be

I can actually select items on the ribbon (by moving my mouse into the empty area) such as insert a wall and they work

Is the video card that is not proven to be compatable causing this.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: Can unsupported video card cause ribbon to dissappear

03-16-2011 12:41 PM in reply to: LCSBIM

It could be the video card.  Go into the options (Big R -> Options) and on the Graphics tab turn the Hardware Acceleration off (uncheck the box).  Then restart Revit and see if the Ribbon is back.

I had the same problem, although I think it was because of different reasons.  I was using a 32-bit WinXP computer to connect via Remote Desktop to a 64-bit Win7 computer, and the ribbon was "invisible" but still active.  Some people suggested that I shrink the size of the Revit window (instead of being full-screen), but it didn't work for me.  Maybe it'll work for you, if my first suggestion didn't do the trick.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube