Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pick rooms

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
H0LT
2890 Views, 3 Replies

Can't pick rooms

I opened a central file that I had not worked on in a couple of weeks & I can't pick any rooms. I can pick the room tags & I can turn on the room reference lines and see them, but I can't pick them. New rooms do work but that creates a duplicate room & I can't delete the original. This is true for all floors and the existing & new rooms. I tried older non central versions with the same problem. Everything worked fine the last time I was in the file. I changed the directory structure this morning before opening, but I've changed it back without effect. I also have the same problem with an old local file that hadn't been moved.

Other projects are fine.

Any Ideas?

Lysle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: H0LT

My First thought is why are you working in the central file? As a best practice - once the central file has been created you never touch or move that file. When you work in the central file you risk courruption of everyone elses local file - and it just is not worth the headache.

is anyone else experiencing this in their local file?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
H0LT
in reply to: LisaDrago

Lisa,

I started in the local file which had the problem and so I opened the central directly to test it.

I was able to pick rooms by unchecking exclude options. The real problem turned out to be an issue with option sets. Once I got that straightened out it's now working fine. How the option set was changed, I'll probably never know.

Thanks,

Lysle

Message 4 of 4
pattydickman1373
in reply to: H0LT

thanks, still working in 2021!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report