Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move reference plans while editing a family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mechitar
1939 Views, 3 Replies

Can't move reference plans while editing a family

I'm creating a window family by modifying a pre-existing one.  One of the things I need to do is to move the reference planes defining the "left" and "right" edges of the window opening, so as to make to opening wider, but I'm not allowed to do it.  The reference planes always move together, so that I'm stuck with a 3'-0" wide opening no matter what I do.  I can't find any constraints linking the reference planes to each other or to a 3'-0" dimension - I can't find any constraints on them at all, in fact.  What am I missing here?

The file in question is attached.  As I mentioned, the reference planes I'm concerned about are called "left" and "right".  I have been able to move other reference planes in the file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mechitar

Look at the floor plan view:

7-11-2013 2-48-40 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

In Family Types > Dimensions > Width > Lock - uncheck it.

If you want the strech to be left -right of the Center ,then Modify >Pin it...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

It is recomanded  to make flexing from Family Type , as Alfredo says, instead of stretching it manualy as you try to do.....If you insist you can do it as suggested in my previous post, although is not usual and not advisable..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report