Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change Area name

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
garyible
1566 Views, 2 Replies

Can't change Area name

In previous versions of Revit (pre 2013) when creating an area plan and inserting the area within the created boundaries, I could double click on the 'Area' tag and rename 'area'  to something more descriptive which automatically changed the name in the legend to match.

In 2013 this is no longer possible.

Even opening a 2012 project, where this procedure worked, once this project is saved in 2013 format it is no longer possible to double click to change - it opens the family tag instead.

Any solutions?

Cheers, Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: garyible

You can. Just click, pause, and click again, and the name of the area will become available for editing. What you are seeing is the effect of a new feature, that opens families for edition with a double click. This feature  has been received with bad reviews in forums (See Augi and Revitforum for discussions about it), mainly due to the fact that it was implemented without a toggle to turn it OFF, and also, in my personal opinion, because this was not part of any of the several wishlists that were created by the users during the year.  So we have no choice but get used to it, until there is a toggle, probably, in future versions. If a toggle was available, this feature would not be any issue. But there's no toggle yet.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
garyible
in reply to: garyible

Many thanks Alfredo

I do wish Autodesk would not change things that do not need to be changed while their efforts

would be better utilised fixing things that do require fixing and have been continually noted on wish lists.

Gary 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report