Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply zones to spaces that are in a group?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kweeks12
462 Views, 0 Replies

Can't apply zones to spaces that are in a group?

I can't seem to add a zone (or subsequently a zone tag) to spaces that are included in a group. It will only allow me to ungroup the spaces first, then add the zone.

The reason I want to add a zone within a group is so that it will allow me to schedule multiple units for an apartment building. Instead of adding rooms to all rooms in a unit, I add spaces. I can use a zone to show the gross area for the unit (sum of all the spaces), and then I can assign shared parameters for unit type, no. of bedrooms and baths, etc. Finally, a nice way to schedule unit information. Or at least it would be if I could add a zone and zone tag to a group!

Anyone know if this is possible?

(I originally tried this because I need the individual rooms for room finish schedules. I thought I could use spaces because you can have both rooms and spaces in the same place. Zones are a way to collate a group of spaces; rooms has no such feature.)

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report