Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Edit Revit Link Tag

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
calexochoa
695 Views, 1 Reply

Can't Edit Revit Link Tag

When I tag a Revit Link with a multi category tag I can't edit it. I need to give it a number so it can appear in my schedule. I have checked the "include elements in linked files"

I don't know what else to do? Thoughts anyone? 

cochoa
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: calexochoa

When you Tag elements, the Tag simply reports the specified values that reside in the host element. The elements in your model are subject to user change and you can even edit some of the through the Tag. However, The elements in a Linked Model, however, cannot be changed or otherwise manipulated without opening that Linked Model separately and making the changes that way.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you are trying to accomplish?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report