Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
rlabib
Message 1 of 7 (1,349 Views)

Can I create a filled region on sheets ( hatch)

1349 Views, 6 Replies
01-21-2013 06:17 AM

I'm trying to add a hatch on a sheet , but the Filled Region button is gryed out ??? any ideas

Contributor
Marlec
Message 2 of 7 (1,342 Views)

Re: Can I create a filled region on sheets ( hatch)

01-21-2013 06:56 AM in reply to: rlabib

I think you can only make filled regions on views (any views in the project browser)... not sheets...

I think you're like me a CAD user gone Revit... a lot of thinking to change...

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 3 of 7 (1,338 Views)

01-21-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: rlabib

You'll have to create a Filled Region within a Generic Annotation Family and then load that into your Project for use on your Sheet Views. You can use constraints and instance parameters to control the boundary of the embedded Filled Region in the Project.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
rlabib
Message 4 of 7 (1,307 Views)

01-22-2013 06:00 AM in reply to: rlabib

Thanks everyone, what I did is I created a drafting view that has some details and filled regions then I put that on the sheet.

ShannonZ
Message 5 of 7 (1,009 Views)

09-13-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: rlabib
how did you do this? I am very new to Revit and can't figure a drafting view? (I'm using MEP)
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 6 of 7 (999 Views)

09-13-2013 06:30 AM in reply to: ShannonZ

Hi Shannon, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Drafting Views are created by going to View tab » Drafting View. It would probably be easiest to set the drawing scale to whatever your Plan View is set to. Before you create the Filled Region or Masking Region, go to Annotate tab » Detail Line. Draw a couple of random Detail Lines on this View so you can better locate it on the Sheet View.

Open your Sheet View. Locate your new Drafting View in the Project Browser, and drag & drop it from there onto your Sheet View. Overlay it on top of your other Viewport. Next you'll have to get rid of the View Title, so select the Viewport of the Drafting View and click "Type Properties" at the top of Properties. Click "Duplicate..." and name this new Type to something with "(No View Title)" and click 'OK'. Now Set 'Show Title' to "No" and click 'OK'.

Now, back on your Sheet, select the Viewport of the Drafting View again, right-click, and select "Activate View". This will enable you to delete those random lines and draw in whatever Filled Regions or Masking Regions you need. When completed, right-click and select "Deactivate View".

If you run into any issues or problems, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
ShannonZ
Message 7 of 7 (993 Views)

09-13-2013 06:45 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

That was SO much help! Thank you very much! This stuff is just so not cut and dry! (I suppose I used to think about AutoCad too :smileyhappy: )

Again, Thank You! I may be back as I keep running into these little problems!! 

Shannon 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube