Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera orthographic/perspective toggle?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jacselinsky
22805 Views, 5 Replies

Camera orthographic/perspective toggle?

As far as I can tell, there is no way to switch back and forth between perspective and orthographic projection on an existing camera, anyone have a solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: jacselinsky

I don't know of any way of changing this. Any camera view you take is going to be perspecitve. any view from the default view will be ortho.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
lionel.kai
in reply to: LisaDrago

This is an old thread, but maybe someone is still finding it while looking for the answer:

Make sure "Crop Region Visible" is checked, then right-click the View Cube and choose "Toggle to Perspective-3D View" (or choose "Toggle to Parallel-3D View" to go back).

Lionel J. Camara
BIM Manager at KAI Hawaii, Inc. - Structural and Forensic Engineers
Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 6
moneech
in reply to: lionel.kai

thank ou so mush 

solved

Message 5 of 6
lionel.kai

Of course it's much easier now (in Revit 2019): just change the "Projection Mode" property (under the "Camera" group) to "Orthographic" or "Perspective".

Lionel J. Camara
BIM Manager at KAI Hawaii, Inc. - Structural and Forensic Engineers
Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

For a second, I thought your last name was Camera and you were selling the family's secret tips and tricks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report