Revit Architecture

jkunkel0004
Message 1 of 3 (132 Views)

Calculated Value Conditional

132 Views, 2 Replies
04-18-2013 12:46 PM

Been too long since I've written any programming languages and I am hoping on of you guys can help me. I am in the process of creating a room schedule with the comments stating 'carpet', 'vinyl', or 'n/a'. What I want to happen is to have two Grand Total fields displaying the total area for carpet and vinyl, I'm just not sure how to write the conditional. So far, I have come up with this and gotten stuck;

if(Comments==Carpet; +Area, )

Basically, check if the Comments field says Carpet, if it does, add the amount within the Area field for that room to the running total and move on, else move on to next room.

Any help would be appreciated. If it is not able to do this, let me know that as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: If I am going about this all wrong, please let me know that as well.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Calculated Value Conditional

04-18-2013 01:29 PM in reply to: jkunkel0004

Revit does not allow text data as the condition to evaluate in an IF statement. You can use integers, numbers, yes/no parameters, but no text.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Calculated Value Conditional

04-18-2013 02:55 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

But you don't need to create formulas for obtaining square footage of carpet or vinyl, though. You can obtain that by manipulating the schedule settings for sorting and grouping, formatting, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube