Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING DOOR FAMILIES

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Marlec
334 Views, 5 Replies

CREATING DOOR FAMILIES

Hello to all,

in my firm, I'm the one who creates the CAD library and tools, so I think I'm good... well that's what my collegues says but I'm the curious type, so it reflexes in my work and creating tools and all...

Now we're going Revit... and trying to create Revit families...

With Cad, I can create (to stay in the subject) dynamic doors that the user can add options in it (window(s), hardware, fire ratings, etc.)

Now I'm working with Revit since october, making a project in the process... so I didn't have time since now to understand how to make similar doors in Revit, where do I go to learn about bedded info, links, etc how does it works...

My goal is to create a door that has options in it, like my Cad blocs... I know the basics (i've created basic doors and windows) but I want to reduce the quantity of families because right know I made too much families...

thanks in advance...

and I plan to share my finds with the community..

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Marlec

@Marlec wrote:

Now we're going Revit... and trying to create Revit families...

... where do I go to learn about bedded info, links, etc how does it works...

There are many resources. Some are free, some are paid. Some follow a sequence, some do not. It depends on your learning style and your resources of time and money. Some sources are: Wiki-help, the Families guide, forums, blogs, videos in You-tube, books, video tutorials, online courses, etc.

I provide training on families, too. In case you are interested, please contact me by email.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Marlec
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

thanks for the reply...

Well, I know about the online ressources...  but everything I've found so far is sketchy...

I didn't find informations and relations for nested families, how it all works...

I'll re-check again here, Wiki-help and Revitcity...

Martin

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

@Marlec wrote:

... but everything I've found so far is sketchy...

I didn't find informations and relations for nested families, how it all works...

If you want all that to be explained in a structured sequence you need to find a book, video course, or an instructor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
Marlec
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

my collegue is searching for that book...

kind a because of the instructor that we're in that situation... we had one that learned Revit by "trials" (try & learn)...

so a lot of the questions that we asked did'nt had answers, or "it's not possible" for answer...

and we did show our "unhappyness" to the office for that choice of instructor...

thanks for taking time for me...

I'll press my collegue for that book he found...

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

@Marlec wrote:

kind a because of the instructor that we're in that situation... ...

so a lot of the questions that we asked did'nt had answers, or "it's not possible" for answer...

Well, that was a bad experience. However, some other instructors do know what they are talking about.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report