Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COBie Toolkit for 2014 ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MKEllis
2091 Views, 5 Replies

COBie Toolkit for 2014 ?

Got the 2013 toolkit - and for the moment there does not appear to be a 2014 version.

Anyone know if there are imminent plans for an update / release ?

We are working on 2014, and need to have COBie 2012UK export.

For the moment, we are working with the COBie UK Templates to work the required parameters into the various assemblies, families etc. but it would be great to test the export out in a database.

Many thanks,

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MKEllis
in reply to: MKEllis

It seems for the moment that there is no official Autodesk COBie toolkit for Revit 2014.

Has anyone here got any experience using EcoDomus with Revit 2014 to export COBie data?

EcoDomus Site

It seems that it can export data from Revit 2014 - Just wondering whether to spend some time with it or not in the short term. We need to start testing our models and families for COBie compliance and it seems this is probably the only option for the present.

Thanks,

Martin

Message 3 of 6

hi Martin,

First , I am not accustom with the subject and I don't know much about it , but maybe by chance the  exchange applicationCTC BIM Project Suite 2014 can help you :

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3actcbimproj...

There is a COBie2 Link in there...

COBie Toolkit for Autodesk Revit 2013 seems to be the last , so maybe the CTC BIM Project Suite 2014 can solve your problem

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Constantin,

COBie is really a format for data output from the BIM model that can be read and interogated from a spreadsheet / database via common non-3d applications (such as Excel) and is really aimed at clients and FMs - although consultants and contractors will need to implement it. Parameters and data in the model need to be setup to follow the required fields (or in some cases mapped from the Revit model's parameters to the appropriate data fields).

In The UK there is a requirement (or at least will be by 2016) that publicly procured projects will need to provide COBie compliant datasets in addition to the model's IFC.

I had looked at BIM Project Suite previously - but COBie is only included in their Premium BIM Project Suite - which is $344 (inlcuding subscription), and I'm not sure how compatible COBie2 (as they call it) is with the UK based implementation COBie2012 UK. It's a lot of money to spend on something that may not suite our exact needs.

There is a trial version - but I might just try EcoDomus for the moment and see if that meets our needs.

Thanks,

Martin

Message 5 of 6
knapper77

Martin,

As far as I know Autodesk isn't releasing a COBIE Toolkit for 2014, BUT there is a Beta version for Revit 2014. It's quarky but it does work. Maybe they have improved by now, I'm not sure.

E-mail Autodesk at: ADSKBIMtemplates@autodesk.com

Explain your situation and hopefully they can help you.

Best of luck to you!

Jim

Message 6 of 6
bbrown

Autodesk has released the 2014 toolkit. You can find it here:

http://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/interoperability

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report