Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Information Database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kumar
255 Views, 1 Reply

Building Information Database

Hello Everyone,

I am research student and working on research topic related to "Single Story Residential Building". I have one question ----

Can we develop a one "Building Information Database" in which i can store buildling components for all models of single story house ?

As all are single story houses, more or less they will have same building components while some entities of database will remain blank for one particular model based upon features of house. I know Autodesk Revit have also used very similiar concept of building information model, but it is on large scale.

If yes, please provide me direction for that.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Kumar

Revit is a "building database" in which you can have all building components that you may use or not use in an actual design. You can set up schedules in Revit that will callout the components you actually place in the model.

If you are looking to study this "database" in something more traditional, like Microsoft Access, you can export the Revit project to an MDB file via File-Export-ODBC Database.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report