Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick hatch pattern not lining up between levels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Steven_Cunningham
3165 Views, 2 Replies

Brick hatch pattern not lining up between levels

I'm fairly new to Revit and would like to know how to get the brick hatch pattern on my elevations to line up between levels.  I have a two story residence with one wall the front that has brick all the up to the roof (the rest of the house has cement board side on the second story).  My problem is that the brick pattern on the second floor wall does not line up with the brick pattern on the first floor.  I tried to just extend the first floor wall up to the roof, but I did not like how it wrapped around the corner of the second floor to tie in with the siding.  Surely theres is a way to set the hatch patterns origin like in ACA so that all the bricks line up nice and pretty.  Also would help in lining up the brick pattern on the quoins, which are, whatchamacallums... in-place-edit components?Brick Pattern SNAFU.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you used a model pattern for the brick, you can use the Align tool to align the coursing.  If you're trying to get it to align around a corner, and there's no element in a 2D view that you can use as a reference (like a level), then go to a 3D view, zoom in on where the brick wraps around the corner, and use the Align tool on the brick coursing there.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3

Sweet!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report