Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blending walls between floors

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cjp
Enthusiast
6331 Views, 6 Replies

Blending walls between floors

I am wondering the best way to go about this. I have a house project we are working on and the exterior walls from the first floor and the second floor are all brick. As you can see in the attached photo, I have a line that runs between the 2 walls like a seam. I was wondering if this is something I could have avoided when setting it up and whats the most efficient way to go back and make this a seamless transition. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maciejwypych
in reply to: cjp

Hi,
The seam appears, because the walls are not joined.
Select a wall on ground floor, Modify>Geometry>Join and select the wall above. After they will join you can use align tool to align the brick courses in the wall. (you may need to press TAB to select Brick joint line)

Hope this helps,

Maciej
Message 3 of 7
aghis_no

There is also a second option:
You can have a single wall spanning through the two levels: draw the wall to the lowest level and attach the top of the wall to the last. Level ex. The "roof level".
Regards
Aghis
Message 4 of 7
maciejwypych
in reply to: aghis_no

Hi Aghis,

Personally I think that having one wall going through multiple levels is a bad practice, because it will complicate scheduling, and you will get issues while collaborating with other consultants, especially structural.
Message 5 of 7
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: maciejwypych

Maciej,

Thank you for the input, however, I still am expereincing the same line. I tried to join the 2 walls, but it would never let me select the other wall. If I drag the little triangle that shortens my wall, Revit comes up with a warning that the walls are no longer intersecting and have to be unjoined. This makes me think that the walls are allready joined. I the ntried to move past that and align the bricks, but they are in line horizontally, however, the bottom and top bricks on the seam are truncated due to the exact length of the wall. I do not know if this is causing the line? In the end I think we all know that I am trying to get one flush wall that has the consistant brick pattern from top to bottom. I agree that making 1 wall span the entire length is not the best solution to this and would like to try and find a different way. Let me know what you think and if you know of how else to avoid this break between the walls all the way around the house. 

-C.Rash

Message 6 of 7
maciejwypych

Rash,

If the wall is already joined, then make sure that the external face of these walls is aligned.

Also, you can unjoin them first to make sure. (click on the little triangle next to join icon to get Unjoin)

After you join them, just align the two patterns horizontally and vertically to make it seamless.

wall joint.JPG

Message 7 of 7
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: maciejwypych

I think I finally have it all figured out. There was the tiniest little offset somehow on one corner. Once it was realigned I was able to use the align tool and get all my brick to look uniform! Thank you so much for the help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report