Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for moving levels in project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cadmancan
440 Views, 2 Replies

Best practice for moving levels in project

So I enabled/created my work-sets, created my central, and local, not to mention link in the other disciplines.  Everything came in perfect when I linked in origin to origin.  I go to an elevation view and my levels are at 0'-0" and 10'-0" which I know are default from my project template.  The architect is at a 100'-0".  What is the best method/ practice for aligining my levels/grids.  It is my assumption that it isnt as as simple as merely moving my levels (the host) to the elevation of the linked model (architect. mech) or vice versa.  Was hoping to get the best practice for me (the host) to aquire the coordinates to the arch (linked model) as well as move the levels to the proper postion.  I appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: cadmancan

You can use the align tool to match the levels from the other model linked to yours. I would also monitor their levels so that if theirs move for some reason - you will be notified that coordination need to happen and you can see the changes.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
shawn
in reply to: LisaDrago

I had a similar question some time back. My issue was a little different than yours, but the technique may well be helpful Try the link below. Hopefully it will take you to the posting.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/General-questions-Changing-level-elevation...

Also, you might want to consider that the architects elevation of 100 is just convention and does not represent actual elevations - o or 100 is the same. Architects, unlike engineers, don't like negative numbers so they start with 100. As long as you have the same reference point it doesn't matter if you call it 10' or 110'.

S.G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report