Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Source for Purchasing Families?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
allison125
1248 Views, 6 Replies

Best Source for Purchasing Families?

My architectural firm recently purchased Revit, and we are hoping to begin using it soon. We are in a position in which we do not have the time or resources to create the Revit families that we need in order to produce quality projects, and we would like to purchase an extensive family library geared toward architectural projects.

Could you please suggest the best sources for purchasing the best, most comprehensive Revit family libraries? We are particularly interested in fixtures, furniture, lighting, doors, windows, trees, plants, and other components that will help in making realistic and beautiful presentation drawings.

Thanks so much in advance!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Robertc62
in reply to: allison125

Try Reved Up Families, (www.revedupfamilies.com)
They have a full library. All quality stuff.
Message 3 of 7
dimtick

Allison before purchasing anything, be sure to go thru the free stuff that's available. many of the purchase packs are nothing more than compilations of the material that's already available for free.
check out:
http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html
http://www.revitcity.com/resources.php
http://arcat.com/bim/divs/bim_10.shtml

hope that helps
Chuck
Message 4 of 7
allison125

Thank you, Chuck. I had wondered about that. I downloaded the Autodesk families, but I will certainly look at the others and see what they have to offer. Have a great day!
Message 5 of 7
chubbard

Allison125

The free stuff is a good place to start, but be careful of what you download and use. There is a large variation in the quality of the free content. Some of it works well, but others need 3-8 hours of work to get up to standards. That amount of time could produce a decent in-house family that would serve you well.

BTW creating families as the project progresses is a good strategy for dealing with the time constraints. You get better families that way

Send me an email if you need further assistance chris.hATquarry-groupDOTcom
Message 6 of 7

Do you mean if the *rfa free file was created using millimeters and centimeters vs. inches and fractions? Do you re-calculate for Imperial units?

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: billy.herrera35

Make sure to check with manufacturers of the products that you design with. Some have libraries available in a single download. Some even have design tools that could be useful for you.

Lots of cool stuff available for free.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report