Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basment Plan with No Level

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Lineabove
600 Views, 5 Replies

Basment Plan with No Level

As a newbie with Revit.

When I open a number of templates, I will see a Basement Plan, however when I go the the Elevations I do not see a Basement Level.

How do I add the Basement Level to the Elevations ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosskirby
in reply to: Lineabove

You may need to either uncrop the elevation or extend the crop region to see all the levels.  Also, keep in mind that the level can be named something other than what it is (either mistakenly or purposefully).  That is, you can have a level that represents the 1st floor and call it 2nd floor or Bill's Floor or Insert Name Here Level Because I Felt Like It.  Revit doesn't really understand the concept of 1st floor vs. Basement floor; it only understands the relative relationship between to separate levels (i.e. this level is above that level).

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 6
Lineabove
in reply to: rosskirby

I have attached a Revit 2014 Template. (purged)

I still do not understand why the Basement Level does not show on the East Elevation.

The Basement Level shows on the North, South and West Elevations only.

May I ask that you look at this file and determine which setting I may be overlooking.

Message 4 of 6
rosskirby

I took a look at your file, and the basement levels have all been hidden in that view.  Click on the light bulb to reveal hidden elements, select the hidden levels, right-click and choose Unhide.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 6
Lineabove
in reply to: rosskirby

Thank you Ross.

The soultion was so simple... you have no idea how long I have struggled with this.

All part of the transition from AutoCAD to REVIT.

I need to learn all over again.

Best regards.

Message 6 of 6
rosskirby

Glad I could help.

And don't worry, we all have to start somewhere.  At last count, I think there were something like 30+ reasons why an object wouldn't show up in a view.

Good luck with your transition, and come back any time you hit a road block.  If you're doing something that seems tedious, repetetive, or painful, ask here.  Chances are there's a better way.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report