Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basins in vanity units

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chris_pitt
749 Views, 5 Replies

Basins in vanity units

I've made a simple vanity unit that includes a basin and a toilet (but I accept no liability for the sanitary fitting models).

The issue I'm trying to resolve is to remove the section of fascia that cuts through the basin, see attached image.  To my mind this ought to be simple, and in one sense it is, I can make an extrusion and cut it away from the fascia.

The issue then arises that I'd like the unit to be flexible.  Everything in the vanity unit flexes fine, except one thing, that is, I cannot make the extrusion I've used to sut away the fascia adjust position.  If I try to tie to something I know flexes the minute I try to flex the model it complains about being over constrained!

Any suggestions?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: chris_pitt

My suggestion is to make a void to cut the vanity. You can make it so it only cuts the vanity and not the lav. you can make it parametric also liek everything else.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
chris_pitt
in reply to: LisaDrago

Sorry if I wasn't clear but that's what I thought I'd done, I'll have another go just in case.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Message 4 of 6
LisaDrago

Okay - If you have done that already - make sure to specify that the void cuts the facia too.

If you  have done that - can you send me the file to look at?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 6
chris_pitt
in reply to: LisaDrago

I've had another pass at it and made it work in a slightly unsatisfactory manner.

The original void was difficult to work with because there were no sensible snaps for the dimensions (curved sides!).  To try and give myself a chance I split the void in two to give me a vertical edge, this allowed the dimensions to snap to it.  It was then just a case of relating the dimensions to the panel the void sits over.

Everything now works fine!

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Message 6 of 6
LisaDrago

Okay - I am glad it worked. If there is anything else I can help with - let me know.

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report