Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basement Room Tag

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tstewart
627 Views, 7 Replies

Basement Room Tag

The Basement is not displaying as a room, therefore, I can not show a Room tag. How to display the Basement & Mechanical/Electrical spaces as rooms?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jason_S
in reply to: tstewart

Did you create a room for them?  Just wondering.  If there isn't a room in that area you can't tag it.  To check if there is a room drawn, do a crossing window (left to right) to select the edge of the room area and then go to the filter (lower right corner of the revit drawing area) and see if room is listed.  See the attached PNG file.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8
tstewart

There isn't a room shown on the Room Schedule, so I guess that it is not a room. How to make it a room?

Message 4 of 8
Jason_S

To make a room go to the HOME TAB --> then on the far right you should see Room & Area Panel.  Room is the name of the  command.  Click that and hover in the room area you want the room.  While hovering you should see an X appear.  That is the room. Click and you now have a room and it should tag fine.

Message 5 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: Jason_S

It did not working properly (refer to attachment). What next???

Message 6 of 8
Jason_S

It looks like part of the wall is demoed in one area. (See attached).  If this is the case you will need a room separation line placed across this part.

To place a room separation line click the down arrow under the Room Command and select Room Separation Line.  Draw a line across this opening.  Don overlap the walls, just place the line from wall corner to corner.

That should do it.

Message 7 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: Jason_S

Thank you and the room separation feature worked. You are my hero!!!

Message 8 of 8
Jason_S

Glad I could help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report