Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Color

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4604 Views, 7 Replies

Background Color

I work with a black background in Autocad. When i change the background
color for revit to black, the drawing aids, like the pencil that shows while
drawing a wall, does not adjust to the black background. The pencil tip
remains black so you can't see all of it. Is there a way to fix this and
does Revit allow other colors like grey for the background?

Mark
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit is really optimized for the white background. As you found out, the
only other choice is black, which doesn't work well. I'd try the
white...you'll find that you will like it. Many AutoCAD converts will try
to switch to black, and then go back to white.

"m" wrote in message
news:4837933@discussion.autodesk.com...
I work with a black background in Autocad. When i change the background
color for revit to black, the drawing aids, like the pencil that shows while
drawing a wall, does not adjust to the black background. The pencil tip
remains black so you can't see all of it. Is there a way to fix this and
does Revit allow other colors like grey for the background?

Mark
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I too like working in a black background, it's easier on my eyes. I have my mouse on windows default, so the mouse pointer is whiite, and so the pencil tip is a white grayish color along with the construction lines. I am testing revit version 9. So far so good with the black background. What kills me is, I haven't figured out a way to snap say every 1 inch, I'm sure it's something silly.

For us die hard AutoCAD users the Black backgound is very comforting!
Message 4 of 8
adafchik

It's simply an issue of comfort on the eyes!!! The stark black-on-white, or white-on-black is terrible. The contrast hurts my eyes after an hour of drafting. Is there any way at all to make the background grey? Then I could choose the white lines or black lines at my choice. Revit seems very un-customizable. I know I'm complaining, but I really wish that there were a few more personal preferences I could make in Revit. Everyone is different and users deserve the chance to set their computer screen displays the way that works best for them. Perhaps I'll just adjust my monitor display contract down, down, down.
Message 5 of 8
rmicacchi
in reply to: adafchik

Archicad lets users choose any background colour they want to draft in.

It's amazing.

Really missing that RN.

Message 6 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: rmicacchi

Revit 2015 R2 (available to subscribers only) allows the user to choose any background color.  Expect that to be available to everyone in the 2016 release.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 8
csherman
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I know there is a way to lock the background color so it stays the same every time you open the program.  I've done it before but with Revit there are so many clicks and buttons I cannot remember these little details from one instance to the next.  I just reinstalled the program and now the background is white every time I open it.  I want it to be black.  I can change it to black, no problem.  However, every time I open the program I have to change it again.  Please do not tell me white is better.  Black is what I want.

Message 8 of 8
Mario.Carcamo

The best option for a background is going for an (RGB 070, 070, 070) this will make your background "dark grey" I have found this color to be the optimal background as it allows you to see both white and black on it. This is also a nice sweet spot between the pros and cons of using a completely White or Black background.

In order to change the color go to "File" in Revit and then "Options" and click on the Graphics tab. Under Colors pick "Background:" and change the RGB to  070  Red, Green and Blue.

Good luck an let me know if this helped.

Mario C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report