Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM history of "as-built"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JD111
691 Views, 4 Replies

BIM history of "as-built"

Hello,

I have had a few people ask me if there is a way in Revit to "attach" the building's revsion history to the BIM model.  For instance, an autocad dwg is imported and a model is created in Revit.  The question has been...Is there a way (command tool or software) that can be used to input the revision history of the building so that it is part of the Revit Model. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: JD111

Hi. I think you are pointing out to revision issues and revision schedules. This feature works great in revit. Check it out online or on the wiki help. If this is not your question, please let me know. 

Regards. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: AJA14

i don't mean to hijack the thread, but is the revision tool the best way to deal with change orders and cosntruction buleltins (revisions during contruction)? Or is there a more aproppriate way? 

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 4 of 5
JD111
in reply to: AJA14

Hello,

Thanks for the responses.  I have seen and used the schedules and revision tools in Revit and I love them.  These tools are great for taking info from the current model but have no connection to the original building's construction.  The engineers I have worked with want to know if there is a way to incorporate the history of the construction since these bldgs and drawings already exist.  They haven documented the history but want to know if they can incorporate that history to the new Revit model

The issue is that of when you import a 2D CAD dwg of an "as-built" and convert it to a Revit model.  Not much of an "issue" as it is a "concern".  I have had engineers ask me about the true meaning of BIM.  Their ideas of true BIM is not only being able to create a model that can be analyzed and info being "pulled off" of it but also being able to add the history of the building's construction before it was converted.  I have no idea if this can be done. 

Thank

Message 5 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: JD111

That sounds like you might be able to use "phasing", to indicate existing, demo and new construction. I know Revit can be used to show several different concepts at the same time too, so perhaps one of the concepts would be the one that has no work being done (eg "existing"). But you may be able to do it all with phasing, without getting into alternate concepts. Look it up! 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report