Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit 6.0 is now available for download

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
895 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk Revit 6.0 is now available for download

You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Steve, Cool. I saw this 1 minute later than your post and am installing now........ Under IE6, both the Content Libraries and the "Additional Documents" require opening the files before they can be saved. Ina a network setting, I would rather download and present once, locating them where people could find and review on the local LAN/WAN rather than opening them every time from the web. Granted, this does increase the probability of outdated data, but at the cost of bandwidth and time, I'll take that burden. Also, is there a way with the new installer to locate the CAB files such that the installer will use them, rather than running to the web each time? Again, I know this can result in not getting updated CAB's but again, sometimes I cannot let it install for 90 minutes....... Thanks for the new version!!!!!!! I am really looking forward to it!!!!!! John "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe0dacb$1_5@statler... You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Hmmm, the license says I only have 1 day remaining. Did my installing version 5.1L and then uninstalling it have anything to do with this? "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe0dacb$1_5@statler... You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

hello i install revit 6 but after decompressing i've got an error message "no ressource DLL found" i just test on windwos XP and XP pro French version so .. the problem come from that no ? any idea ?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Have the same problem!!! Helpppp "Naindo" escreveu na mensagem news:3fe0f8a8$1_3@statler... hello i install revit 6 but after decompressing i've got an error message "no ressource DLL found" i just test on windwos XP and XP pro French version so .. the problem come from that no ? any idea ?
Message 6 of 13
essdubbya

Any idea how long Autodesk will take to email existing subscribers with licence code?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

If you mean that you downloaded and uncompressed but can't install then please be advised that installer is not localized to run on non-English OS . You may attempt to change the regional settings on your computer to English but this is untested. "Miguel Miranda" wrote in message news:3fe0fc87_3@statler... Have the same problem!!! Helpppp "Naindo" escreveu na mensagem news:3fe0f8a8$1_3@statler... hello i install revit 6 but after decompressing i've got an error message "no ressource DLL found" i just test on windwos XP and XP pro French version so .. the problem come from that no ? any idea ?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

We're working on a solution to the issue. Hold off on attempting to install on non-English operating systems for the time being. I'll post another post when the issue is resolved. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit "Miguel Miranda" wrote in message news:3fe0fc87_3@statler... Have the same problem!!! Helpppp "Naindo" escreveu na mensagem news:3fe0f8a8$1_3@statler... hello i install revit 6 but after decompressing i've got an error message "no ressource DLL found" i just test on windwos XP and XP pro French version so .. the problem come from that no ? any idea ?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Steve, Does 5.1L have to be uninstalled first? John "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe0dacb$1_5@statler... You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

No. Major releases, i.e., 5.1 to 6.0, can be installed on the same machine. Minor releases, i.e., 5.0, 5.1, 5.1L have to be uninstalled before installing another release. "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message news:3fe1d679$1_3@statler... Steve, Does 5.1L have to be uninstalled first? John "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe0dacb$1_5@statler... You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

See our FAQs on this: Is it possible to have multiple versions of Revit installed? In short, "no". -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit "John Herridge, AIA" wrote in message news:3fe1d679$1_3@statler... Steve, Does 5.1L have to be uninstalled first? John "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe0dacb$1_5@statler... You've read about it, you've heard about it, some of you have even seen it at A.U. Now it is yours to download from Autodesk Revit Download Center. Autodesk Revit 6.0 can be run immediately after download in a fully functioning trial mode. Upon first use of Revit 6.0, a licensing wizard will be displayed. Select 'Standalone - Locked', leave the serial number field blank; click 'Register', and then click 'Run the Product'. All existing Autodesk Revit subscribers will receive an email with instructions on how to complete authorization of the product. You must authorize the product within 30 days of the first time you start the software. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Steve

I have tried to download Revit 6.0 here in the UK

on running the installation I get the message "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again"

I have downloaded the installation file several times now and still get the same message.

Can you advise me on how to proceed?

I have not as yet received any e-mail with details of how to complete the authorization - do you know when this will be sent?
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

All, A new build to correct the non-English installation problems, has been posted to the web. If you experienced this problem, please download the latest build from the Autodesk Revit Download Center. If you have not experienced this problem, you should NOT need to download the new build (20031217_2330). If you want install it, however, just for fun, you'll notice a new installation feature that automatically uninstalls your previous version of 6, reminds you to uncheck the download content button during install, and automatically kicks off the new installation process. Upgrades should run much more quickly with this new process. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit "Steve Burri" wrote in message news:3fe1cb48$1_4@statler... We're working on a solution to the issue. Hold off on attempting to install on non-English operating systems for the time being. I'll post another post when the issue is resolved. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc. Client Support Manager - Revit "Miguel Miranda" wrote in message news:3fe0fc87_3@statler... Have the same problem!!! Helpppp "Naindo" escreveu na mensagem news:3fe0f8a8$1_3@statler... hello i install revit 6 but after decompressing i've got an error message "no ressource DLL found" i just test on windwos XP and XP pro French version so .. the problem come from that no ? any idea ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report