Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Revit 2013 has stopped working on startup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2909 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Revit 2013 has stopped working on startup

I have been using the student version of Autodesk Revit 2013 on my ASUS laptop for a while when a few days ago, it suddenly crashed on startup.  Everytime I open the program, it gets to the intro screen with the project previews, then closes with the erorr "Autodesk Revit has stopped working."  When I tried to open Autodesk Revit 2012, I get the same problem.  Both programs were working fine until then.  I wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows 7, then reinstalled Autodesk Revit 2013.  I get the same problem.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This was fixed by updating my graphics card driver.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Currently, I am using Revit Structure 2013 for my project. I encountered the error message when i am trying to load the local file. The message stated that the revit has stopped working. I have no way to open up the local files when i tried to upgrade the file into Revit 2014. I still encountered the error message. Could it be the file is corrupted? Anyone has any ideas to solve this problem?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The problem will be solved after updating the driver for your graphics card. The very important point is that you shouldn't get the latest driver from your laptop manufacturer. Instead, you should visit the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card. I had the same issue with Revit 2013. I had an XPS Dell L502X laptop and my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M. I downloaded the driver from DELL website and the problem didn't solve. I did everything to solve the problem, installing a fresh windows, changing the windows form 64 bit version to 32 bit version, trying other versions of Revit, installing the latest service pack for Revit, removing app data,..., but none of them could solve the problem. Finally I found out that the driver provided by DELL is NOT the latest version! After downloading the latest driver from the website of NVIDIA, the problem solved completely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report