Revit Architecture

NovaFire
Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

AutoCAD 2012 3D to .rvt

314 Views, 1 Replies
04-17-2013 06:38 AM

I've been doing some looking and can't find anything.  It looks like you can't do it but is there a way to convert a 3D .dwg to an .rvt file?

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 3D to .rvt

04-18-2013 07:32 AM in reply to: NovaFire

as I know - No!

If you have an AEC object you can export using IFC file into Revit and convert there in revit entity...but for solids,no.

Anyway you can export a .dwg file into Revit and if it is well structured on layers you can assign materials to the imported entity. The imported entity can be also be cut .....but I think that is all you can do....Explosion make it desapear.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube