Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach wall to underside of Stair

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gmak
608 Views, 4 Replies

Attach wall to underside of Stair

Hi, is it possible to attach a wall to the underside of a stair? If so, how would you recommend doing this?

The normal "Attach" doesn't seem to work for me.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: gmak

The answer has been posted before at zoog's.. for future reference, search this newsgroup and/or AUGI For your comfort: You can draw a RefPlane on the underside of the stairs [in section] then attach wall to this instead of the stairs itself. The other alternative is to manually modify the wall's boundaries [sounds more difficult than it is in practice].. good luck ;) "gmak" schreef in bericht news:29085840.1084450273262.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Hi, is it possible to attach a wall to the underside of a stair? If so, how would you recommend doing this? > > The normal "Attach" doesn't seem to work for me.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Go to an elevation which shows the side of the stair. Create a Ref Plane, using the Pick tool, aligned to the edge of the stair/stringer you want the wall attached to. Now, highlight the wall, click the Attach button in the Options bar, and then select the Ref plane to attach to. If you lock the Ref plane to the Stair, and then the wall is attached to the Ref plane, if the stair changes, the wall will change too. SD "gmak" wrote in message news:29085840.1084450273262.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Hi, is it possible to attach a wall to the underside of a stair? If so, how would you recommend doing this? > > The normal "Attach" doesn't seem to work for me.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks "V" and Scott, that's helped me too on a very similar problem. Damian "v.valentijn" wrote in message news:40a38fa7_3@newsprd01... > The answer has been posted before at zoog's.. for future reference, search > this newsgroup and/or AUGI > > For your comfort: > You can draw a RefPlane on the underside of the stairs [in section] then > attach wall to this instead of the stairs itself. The other alternative is > to manually modify the wall's boundaries [sounds more difficult than it is > in practice].. good luck ;) > > "gmak" schreef in bericht > news:29085840.1084450273262.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > Hi, is it possible to attach a wall to the underside of a stair? If so, > how would you recommend doing this? > > > > The normal "Attach" doesn't seem to work for me. > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, This was really excellent solution. I had been working on this since last 2 days but could not think much. Thanks once again. But I am afraid if the user have folding stair, where he sees the stepper underside not linear. Keep thinking.... "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40a38f74$1_1@newsprd01... > Go to an elevation which shows the side of the stair. Create a Ref Plane, > using the Pick tool, aligned to the edge of the stair/stringer you want the > wall attached to. Now, highlight the wall, click the Attach button in the > Options bar, and then select the Ref plane to attach to. > > If you lock the Ref plane to the Stair, and then the wall is attached to the > Ref plane, if the stair changes, the wall will change too. > > SD > > "gmak" wrote in message > news:29085840.1084450273262.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > Hi, is it possible to attach a wall to the underside of a stair? If so, > how would you recommend doing this? > > > > The normal "Attach" doesn't seem to work for me. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report