There are several i-drop items in a doors catalogue, having selected three for a tools pallette, one item is
a 2 panelled door, a regular fitting, some infills are glass, so how to assign materials?
The principal panels do not list in Object Display, seem to be 'untouchables' while outter frame, stops,
muntins can be assigned hardwood or softwood finishes. How to change a plain yellow object into
a regular door, with or without glass ? Colin.
Welcome to the forum.
1. Click on the door so the whole thing is highlighted blue.
2. Click "Edit Family"
3. In the family editor click on the part of the door you want to change material.
4. In the "Instance Properties" dialog see and remember the "name" of the material.
5. Close the family editor by clicking on "Load Into Project".
6. Click on "Materials" on the "Manage" ribbon.
7. In the "Materials" UI there is a long list of materials usually starting with acoustic
ceiling and ending with wood, (alphabetical).
8. Find the material you remembered from the family editor and highlight it.
9. Then go over to "Appearance" and change the material.
The original poster will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this question refers to AutoCAD Architecture, and was posted here by mistake. It mentions some terms such as "I-drop", "object display", "tool palette" that are common terms in that program, not in Revit.