Revit Architecture

COLINDB
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Assign materials to doors and other i-drop catalogue items.

199 Views, 2 Replies
06-28-2012 10:47 AM

There are several i-drop items in a doors catalogue, having selected three for a tools pallette, one item is

a 2 panelled door, a regular fitting, some infills are glass, so how to assign materials?   

The principal panels do not list in Object Display, seem to be 'untouchables' while outter frame, stops,

muntins can be assigned hardwood or softwood finishes.    How to change a plain yellow object into

a regular door, with or without glass ?         Colin.

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)

Re: Assign materials to doors and other i-drop catalogue items.

06-28-2012 10:36 PM in reply to: COLINDB

Welcome to the forum.

1. Click on the door so the whole thing is highlighted blue.

2. Click "Edit Family"

3. In the family editor click on the part of the door you want to change material.

4. In the "Instance Properties" dialog see and remember the "name" of the material.

5. Close the family editor by clicking on "Load Into Project".

6. Click on "Materials" on the "Manage" ribbon.

7. In the "Materials" UI there is a long list of materials usually starting with acoustic

ceiling and ending with wood, (alphabetical).

8. Find the material you remembered from the family editor and highlight it.

9. Then go over to "Appearance" and change the material.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: Assign materials to doors and other i-drop catalogue items.

06-29-2012 04:45 AM in reply to: vector2

The original poster will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this question refers to AutoCAD Architecture, and was posted here by mistake. It mentions some terms such as "I-drop", "object display", "tool palette" that are common terms in that program, not in Revit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube