Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array in family going skew

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ChuckEdwards
2544 Views, 4 Replies

Array in family going skew

I'm following through some training exercises using the Lynda training set, one they have involves a nested geneic object going into a family, overall intent to create a wainscott feature that would go onto a wall.

Problem I'm having is that if I change the rail thickness (Rail Width property under the Dimensions group), the generic stile object starts going skew, and I cannot figure out why.

For example, the attached file has the Rail width set as 75mm, if I change this to 150mm then the second of the stiles is offset by 25mm, the second 50mm more, and so on. When I say offset, I mean the amount each should move (aligned with and locked to the top line of the bottom rail) isn't quite far enough to keep with the first one, but in decreasing amounts.

Any tips as to where I'm going wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What does that tutorial say about constraining the elements of the array?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

Alfred, 

It works out I had constrained the first element in the array, but not the second element in the array, the one that sets the orientation of it and the spacing. Lock the second element to the reference plane and after that all works as it should.

The tutorial skipped this bit!

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
jbrr27
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Just had this same issue, and this worked!  Quite frustrating that the issue happens in the first place though.

Message 5 of 5

10 years later this was still helpful. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report